Training for the Trades Scholarship deadline has been extended to Aug. 23
Training for the Trades, a project of the Coastal Bend Community Foundation, will award $100,000 for approximately 50 scholarships ($1,000 for the first term and renewable for a second term upon satisfactory completion of first term) to local residents already in the workforce for certificate programs at Del Mar College, Craft Training Center of the Coastal Bend and Coastal Bend College. Applicants do not need to be currently working in technical/vocational fields.
To be eligible, one must:
• Be a two-year resident of the seven counties served by the Coastal Bend Community Foundation – Aransas, Bee, Jim Wells, Kleberg, Nueces, Refugio and San Patricio;
• Be currently employed – provide proof of current employment (need not be in technical or vocational field);
• Demonstrate financial need through 2012 IRS Form 1040 or other means acceptable to educational institution;
• Be a student enrolled or accepted into a qualifying program; and
• Be enrolled for at least 6 credit/contact hours per term.