Messengers to the convention (voting on their congregation’s behalf) will need a letter from their Baptist church delegating them a representative. Most events be at Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, 200 E. Market St., though several will be off site.
Registration will be at the door beginning Sunday, July 14, from 2-7 p.m., then 8:30-10 p.m.; Monday, July 15, 7 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 5-7 p.m.; and Tuesday, July 16, 8-10 a.m. A full schedule of events is available http://annualmeeting.texasbaptists.org/schedule-2/. Here are some highlights:
• Saturday, July 13, 7 p.m. – Rally Hispano/ Hispanic Rally; Life Church of San Antonio, South Campus (formerly South San Filadelfia Church), 2483 W. Southcross Blvd. Music by Suite 180 and a challenge from Rev. Victor Rodriguez of Life Church San Antonio.
• Sunday through Wednesday – Texas Baptist Family Gathering Shoe Drive; Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, 200 E. Market St. Bring new shoes as Texas Baptist churches partner with Bucker Shoes for Orphan Souls. New shoes will be collected, sorted, packed and sent to children throughout the United States and the world.
• Sunday, 11 a.m. – Cowboy Church Gathering, 374 CR 341, Hondo. Service followed by a chuck wagon barbecue and a horseless rodeo. Cowboy Fellowship in Jourdanton; call (830) 769-3733.
• Sunday, 8:30 p.m. – Trumpeter David O’Neill performance; Arneson River Theatre, 418 Villita St. Trumpet artist O’Neill will provide musical entertainment free and open to the public. Concert will last until 10:30 p.m. San Antonio band Grace Alone will accompany.
• Monday, July 15, 2 p.m. – Discovering More About My Muslim Friends; off-site. Visit a local mosque and listen to an introductory teaching to Islam given by Dr. Mark Pfeiffer, director of Christian Institute of Islamic Studies, Baptist University of the Américas. Space is limited. For more information contact Harrell Teague, HarrellT@sanantoniobaptist.org or 210-525-9954.
• Monday, July 15, 8:30 p.m. – Trumpeter David O’Neill encore performance; Arneson River Theatre, 418 Villita St. Featured musician O’Neill returns to provide musical entertainment free and open to the public. Concert will last until 10:30 p.m. San Antonio band Grace Alone will accompany.
• Tuesday, July 16, noon – Mission Construction Project: Harlandale Baptist Church, 502 E. Southcross Blvd. Help restore this 91-year-old church known for its commitment to the south side, hunger programs, job training for women and housing a charter school. Projects will include painting, electrical repair, general maintenance and landscaping. Lunch will be provided, so let Steve Payne know if you are interested: firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-525-9954.
For more information, visit texasbaptists.org, facebook.com/TexasBaptists or let’s interact on Twitter @TexasBaptists.