Trooper Ramirez from the Corpus Christi Texas Department of Public Safety recently paid a visit to TR Elementary to speak with the children in preparation of summer safety.
Trooper Ramirez covered Bicycle Safety and Stanger Danger, just two of the many programs offered by TDPS to educate the public.
During the bicycle safety Trooper Ramirez covered the following tips;
• Have adequate reflectors
• Make sure seat is adjusted properly to height and angle.
• Have proper air pressure in tires.
• Make sure handle bars are secure and at the proper height.
• Always wear a helmet, even if rollerblading, or skate boarding.
• Never ride bike at night.
For more information on preparing kids for a safe summer see future editions of The Progress.