The competition will consist of a full powerlifting meet with the addition of a separate bench press competition at $15 for each event and/or $25 for both events. A participant may enter in one or both of the events. USAPL rules will be in effect for the meet.
This event will have several categories for both men and women athletes:
• Collegiate (for college students [must have college ID])
• Open (anyone from the community can enroll)
• SubMasters I (open division from age 35-40)
• SubMasters II (open division from 40-45)
• SubMasters III (open division from 45-50)
• Masters I (open division from 50-55)
• Masters II (open 55-60)
• Masters III (open 60 or older)
The powerlifting championships consist of two classifications:
• “Equipped” lift (which means to lift with the assistance of full equipment such as bench shirts, squat suits, etc.)
• “Raw” lift (which means to lift without a bench shirt or squat suit).
A wrestling singlet is required as standard attire with a T-shirt and tennis shoes as the minimum required suit for lifting. All competitors must lift with regulation apparel of a wrestling singlet, T-shirt and tennis shoes. For more information, contact Estevan Vasquez at (361) 354-2721 or email@example.com or Jack Young at (361) 354-2325 or firstname.lastname@example.org.