• Each team will be assigned a number and only the Cook-Off Director will know team
• Each team will be assigned a designated area (approximately 15’ x 30’). AT 10 a.m.
THE ENTRANCE GATE TO THE COOK-OFF AREA WILL BE CLOSED AND
NO VEHICLES WILL BE ALLOWED TO REMAIN INSIDE THE AREA OR
YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
• Each team must have their own pit and furnish their own firewood or charcoal and as
much cabrito as desired.
• The cook-off area will be open at 7 a.m.
• Only Cook-Off Directors and Assistants will carry trays to the judges’ table for judging.
• Showmanship judging will be conducted between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m.
• Judging will begin at 1 p.m.
• There will be two divisions: Barbecue and Guisada.
• Trophies will be awarded in both categories to first thru 8th places and Buckles will be
given to the Champions in each division.
• Each head cook is responsible for the cleanliness of assigned area and conduct of team
• There will be no D.J. type entertainment system allowed. Each team will be
responsible for their entertainment/music.
• ‘’No Garnishes”- Goat Meat OalyUI Decorating enuies in any manner will mean
• Cabrito entries should be cut into bite-size pieces including ribs (no bones).
• Head cooks will be responsible for following State Laws on the consumption of
alcoholic beverages and tobacco consumed in their cook-off areas. This rule applies
to minors drinking and smoking.
• Head Cooks meeting will be at 9:30 a.m. at the Go Texan tent.