UFO sighting reported
by Matt Naber
Oct 31, 2013 | 481 views | 0 0 comments | 30 30 recommendations | email to a friend | print
A UFO sighting was reported at about the same time a power outage occurred in the George West area on Monday night, Oct. 21.

Sylvia Sanchez of Three Rivers said she was driving on Farm to Market Road 889 when she pulled over to answer a text message near Rumors, just off of Highway 281, when she saw blue lights hovering near the highway between 8-10 p.m.

Numerous local businesses reported having a power outage lasting between five and 10 minutes at about 9 p.m. that night.

Sanchez said she tried to take photos with her phone as the blue lights came closer.

“Then my phone seemed to zap; I felt a vibration and heard a static noise,” Sanchez said. “I am getting chills just thinking about it.”

Her Android smartphone’s photos of the lights turned out completely black.

“If they zapped my phone, shouldn’t all my pictures be black?” Sanchez asked. “It was an unidentified flying object.”

She described it as being like a big loop of individual blue lights about the size of a house.

“You could see it for miles because it was huge,” Sanchez said.

She said as one ring of lights moved closer to FM 889, the other moved upward, and that’s when she realized there were two separate objects. She said the blue lights turned white when they stopped moving. She also said she only saw the second one for about five minutes before it “took off.”

Sanchez said the lower one hummed and stirred up dust while disturbing nearby cattle, about five or six feet off the ground.

She drove down the road to where Mike Marcantel and Ryan Clements were working on a boat to see if they could see the lights. She said one of them mentioned being able to see the individual lights.

“Man, they were blue lights, but there were Christmas lights on someone’s house on 889,” Clements said.

Marcantel said the lights could have been from a house nearby.

“It was kind of strange, I didn’t see anything flying, but I saw the lights,” Marcantel said. “I don’t know what it was; I can’t say for certain what it was. The next night they weren’t there.”

Sanchez said she called the Live Oak Sheriff’s Department to report what she was seeing.

“The woman who answered said it was just the flares, and I said ‘don’t insult my intelligence,’” Sanchez said. “It wasn’t the refinery.”

According to the sheriff’s report, the caller claimed other people could see the UFO as well, but when dispatch spoke to the other person, he claimed to not see a UFO.

Sanchez said she saw another UFO on Tuesday night on Highway 72. But this one appeared to be about 30,000 feet.
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet