The following guidelines are followed for those registering for kindergarten:
• Children must be 5 years of age on or before Sept. 1, 2012.
All students registering must provide the district with the following information:
• A parent of the student need to be present for registration.
• Original birth certificate
• Current immunization record
• Original of student’s social security card
• Proof of residency (light bill, water bill, phone bill)
• Legal guardianship papers if child does not reside with parent(s).
Please note: Compulsory attendance law – Under 25.085 (c), compulsory attendance also applies to students below the age for compulsory attendance during any period that the student is voluntarily enrolled in kindergarten. Additionally, the Texas Education Code 25.092 states, “…a student may not be given credit for a class/program of instruction unless the student is in attendance for at least 90 percent of the days the program of instruction is offered.”
Call Skidmore-Tynan Elementary Office at (361) 287-3426, ext. 4000, with any questions.