The McClanahan House is the oldest business structure still standing in Beeville. It was built in 1867 by G.W. McClanahan, Beeville’s first merchant, schoolteacher, postmaster, county clerk, innkeeper and Sunday school superintendent. The house has served as a general store, boarding house, post office, school, beauty shop, dance studio and private residence. It is the home of various historical memorabilia donated or on loan from county residents. The BCHS is planning to open the home once a month for tours.
The house is located at 206 E. Corpus Christi St., Beeville.